Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Childhood Dog

His name was Dallas, he was a pure bred Brittany Spaniel and started life as a farm dog. His first owner gave him away to us because when he was a puppy he chewed through the wires that controlled his electric gate! Technically he was my big brother Roy's dog, Roy trained Dallas the basic commands like sit, lie down, heel, and no one needed to teach him how to hunt, he was a natural at that! Of all us kids though me and Craig spent the most time with Dallas and we had some great fun with him. We used to go rollerblading with Dallas pulling us with a harness, that's what we did for his and our exercise, we think that's why he got so big, and that's definitely why he got those powerful chest muscles, he pretty much dwarfed my best friends Brittany, and he was a pure bred too! We had a neighbor kid clock us in his car at 21 MPH pulling me on my skates! One time we were blazing through the golf course cement paths on skates, and he saw a duck on the edge of a pond and took out after it (this was not the norm) like a bolt of lightning! And I went flying into the pond! Good times... Anyway this post is a tribute to Dallas.
Me and Dallas


I got those two black eyes in a scooter accident

4 comments:

Fire Mom said...

So Cute! It's nice to see pictures of a the dog I hear about all the time!

Anonymous said...

pudgy ninja,

yup Dallas was definitly the best dog we ever had or ever will have again!

Jon Criss said...

I remember him...he was a great dog! Too bad you had to get rid of him.

Chess Cowboy said...

Ya, dad couldn't see him die, he was 12 years old when we gave him up.