Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Istruments

When I turned 19 I became much more interested in music, and it all started with a car accident.
I was in a pretty serious crash with my friends Jon and Phil. Anyway after the crash I had some recoup time so I went out and bought a jaw harp for me and Jon (Jon got the short end of the rope, he was bad hurt) then I went over to his house and we tried for 2 hours to get it to make a sound, all the while driving the rest of the family crazy with laughter at our attempts. Now we both can pluck out any song we have ever heard.
From there I went on to buy Pan Pipes, In not as good with the Pipes, but I'm working on that. My most recent purchase was a Johnson banjo, I got it for $229 from Noisy Neighbor (my local music store, also where I bought the jaw harps). By the way they are opening their online store soon and I would really recommend them, they give lessons and really know their stuff. If you have questions, they can answer them, and they can set up beginning musicians better than any place I know.

And last comes my favorite instrument, my Winchester Model 94 in .44 Remington Magnum. Playing this instrument is much easier, more fun, and you get bigger kicks out of it! This Winchester 94 is the saddle model with the 16" barrel, a really sweet shooter!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never even heard of a jaw harp b4... how do you do it and what does it sound like?

Chess Cowboy said...

It's a very simple instrument, you see the 2 prong's with the wire between them? your teeth rest on them, while holding the harp with your left hand against your teeth you pluck the wire with your right. You can get a large range of notes by expanding and contracting the cavity of your mouth, took me only 4 hours to lear how to play. I can play any song I hear.