Tuesday, February 19, 2008

New Bench Record!

I have been weight lifting now for somewhere around a year, when I started I was a little over 19. When I started I weighed about 112 lbs. That's like paperweight... And man could I eat, I just couldn't gain weight. I remember when I was 18 me and my friend Jon went to Little Caesars Pizza and we each ordered a large hot and ready pizza and we both ate a large in 1 sitting, and probably drank 2 liters of pop too.
I was always skinny, but not wimpy, my 4 older brothers made sure of that for me... Anyway I bought a bench press about a year ago and started working out with my 2 friends Jon and Phil Criss. My first bench press max was 155 lbs I forget what Phil's was (if you read this Phil add your weight in the comment box) and Jon's was 230, he had already been lifting 1 year. Now 1 year later I've just pushed up 230 lbs, and I weigh 135! Our weight lifting consists of more than just bench pressing, but bench is the only thing we try to push up as much as we can. Phils max is 275 now and Jon's was 295 before his car accident.

4 comments:

Jon Criss said...

Way to go man! Both you and Phil with new max weights. I might have to start doing the benching with you to stay ahead of Phil lol

Unknown said...

I think my starting max was 130...(very sad.) I remember the joy the first time I could use the 'reds'. now my max is 275 and 95lbs over my body weight. =D inconceivable.

Anonymous said...

Sweet,
my brother has a weight instructor, is seventeen weighs 213.
He love's to knock guys around quit a bit; so I know all about what it takes to get somewhere like that.
good job,
Keep it up!

Chess Cowboy said...

That would be great Jon, we want you to come back,