Saturday, January 12, 2008

My personal chess set

My chess set is pretty darn cool, I picked all the wood pieces myself. What I have is a mix of chess pieces from random wood 3.75" chess sets. I took the best characteristics out of certain chess chess sets, many of the pieces I have are no longer even in production any longer. All of them are hand carved!
I like to bring my chess set into coffee shops to play chess, sometimes even into restaurants that take a long time to deliver the food like Pizza Hut, so I prefer a chess board that is easily rolled up. At the same time I really dislike the Vinyl Chess Boards, so what I use is a Brown Leather chess board. That's actually my chess set in the picture in the blog header, but since its in B&W you cant tell exactly what it looks like. Those are my guns too, the revolver is a .357 magnum Colt Python, and the pistol is a .45 ACP Colt 1911 model 1991A1. Both great shooters.

No comments: